Thursday, January 22, 2009

I See The Light Drawing


Morning sparkles

The story I am trying to tell in my collage is in the morning, when the sunlight comes into my room, it shines on this ornament I have with a prism. When the light hits the prism, it shoots small rainbows all over my room.
I used value in my drawing to show shadows and sunlit areas, folds, and 3-d. My favorite area of value was the curtains.
The most challenging aspect of this drawing was the wall. I couldnt get the values dark enough so I kept drawing over it. The ornament was also hard to draw because i had to fit in all the details but it was really small.
The most successful aspect of my drawing was the curtains. Because I like to design fashion, I have had lots of practice with the 3-d effects of fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment